Checking accounts serving local Michigan communities
Community Choice Credit Union isn't like for-profit banks. We live a Give Big™ philosophy and regularly engage in volunteerism while providing excellent service and a banking experience unlike any other. If you have questions or need assistance with opening your checking account, please call us today at 877.243.2528 or visit one of our conveniently located member centers.
|Basic Checking||Choice Checking|
Our standard checking account
Our premium checking option
|Features and benefits||Provides basic checking benefits
Earn interest on $2,500 and above with no minimum balance.
Provides additional benefits designed to help you bank smarter and help keep you and your family1 secure, including IDProtect®.
|Monthly fee||No monthly fee||
Enjoy Choice Checking and all included benefits risk-free for 90 days, plus we will waive the first month’s fee.
Only $5.95/month thereafter.
In addition to the service Community Choice is known for, Basic Checking comes with:
- 24-hour access to your account with mobile banking and e-Banking. Plus, check deposit with your tablet or smartphone via e-Deposit
- "Swipe and sign" with your free Visa® debit card
- Online bill payment through e-Pay
- No monthly surcharges with your e-Statement
- Withdrawals from over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide
- Mobile Payment
Choice Checking provides benefits designed to help you bank smarter and help keep you and your family1 secure. Earn interest on $2,500 and above — no minimum balance required — and receive free paper statements and free incoming wire transfers. Plus, in addition to all Basic Checking benefits, you get exclusive access to:
- IDProtect® - Help better protect yourself, your family and your joint account owners with our identity theft monitoring and resolution service1 that includes credit file monitoring2, 3-in-1 credit report, monitoring of over 1,000 public databases, identity theft expense reimbursement3, fully managed resolution services and more.
- Cellular telephone protection3 – Receive up to $300 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged, in the U.S. and abroad. (Cellular telephone bill must be paid using eligible account)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance1 – Receive up to $10,000 24-hour Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. (Coverage divides equally on joint accounts and reduces by 50% at age 70)
- Additional benefits – Travel and leisure membership discounts**, $hopping RewardsTM** and much more!
If you want even more from your checking account, learn about how you can GetBigReward$ through our rewards program.
Visa debit cards
- Unlimited free transactions at over 30,000 surcharge free ATMs nationwide
- Verified by Visa online shopping protection
- Chip card technology
- Fraud and travel protection
- Acceptance from merchants worldwide where you see the Visa logo
- No annual fees or finances charges
- Protect yourself with real-time credit and debit fraud alert text messages. To sign up, login to e-Banking and select ATM/Debit Card Settings on the Services tab.
Community Choice partners with Harland Clarke to provide you with an easy ordering process and completely customizable checks. To order checks, you'll need your order identification number, located in the top right corner of each check and the check number, located under the order identification number.
When ordering checks, starting direct deposit or automatic payments, use this easy formula to determine your proper account number format:
- 1 + share id + zeros + member number = 13 digit account number (ex. 1030000123456)
- No spaces or dashes are needed
- The number of zeros is the number needed to make the account number 13 digits long. For example, if you have a 7 digit member number, you will enter 3 zeros.