VII. Scholarship Essay
Please respond to the essay prompt below. Your essay must be between 800-1000 words and should demonstrate both your writing and self-analysis skills. Essays will be scored on: development of your theme/topic; how clearly your voice, facts and examples support your theme; development of an introduction and conclusion; organization of your thoughts; and spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Why have you decided to remain a Michigan resident and how will your course work and intended degree allow you to improve Michigan, its communities, or a Michigan industry?
Please ensure that all information submitted is truthful and accurate. If you have not completed the application as directed, it will be ineligible for review. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will be required to:
- Join Community Choice Credit Union
- Verify your grade point average and other statements
- Provide proof of college acceptance
- Make a good faith effort to attend annual Scholars Service day. This is a volunteer activity for all past and present Community Choice Scholars are invited to perform a day of service.
By submitting this application, you agree to the following terms: I understand this application becomes the property of Community Choice Foundation. I authorize Community Choice to use my name, essay contents, and photographs/video taken at scholarship events in advertising and professional public releases as they see fit. Scholarship recipients will be chosen by the Community Choice Foundation Scholarship Committee and Board. All decisions made by the committee are final. Employees, board members, and relatives of employees and board members are not eligible to apply. Relatives are defined as "relatives by blood, marriage, or adoption, or any individual living in the same household as the employee, board member, or affiliate."
If chosen as a recipient, you will be required to repay the scholarship if you don't meet the following terms:
- Recipient must maintain a minimum 2.5 G.P.A. during academic year in which scholarship is applied.
- Recipient must complete the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Recipient may not transfer to an out-of-state school the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Recipient must provide transcript of grades following the term(s) in which the scholarship funds are applied to student tuition bill.
- Recipient will sign a document agreeing to these terms and conditions prior to receiving funds. If the recipient is under 18, a parent or guardian will also be required to sign.
There was an error submitting the form. Please click the "Back" button above and make sure all required fields are filled out.