2017 media releases:
- Community Choice Credit Union Foundation awards capacity-building grant to Jackson-based NonProfit Network
- Community Choice awards $2.1 million dollars to members
2016 media releases:
- Community Choice Credit Union announces new Royal Oak location
- Community Choice Credit Union hires new VP of retail delivery, promotes from within
- Community Choice Credit Union announces new Shelby Township location
- Community Choice Credit Union helps teens with money tips
- Community Choice Foundation awards $100,000 in scholarships to Michigan students
- Community Choice Credit Union receives four Diamond Awards
- Community Choice Credit Union awards more than $1.8 million to members
- Community Choice Credit Union seeks students for scholarship program
Community Choice Credit Union launches new grant program, seeks nonprofits to apply
Community Choice Credit Union hosts free holiday dinner for veterans
Community Choice Credit Union announces two new leadership positions
2015 media releases:
- Community Choice Credit Union continues growth with new location in Troy
- Community Choice Credit Union gives big, provides 439 hours of service
- Community Choice welcomes Eastside Family Federal Credit Union members
- Community Choice Credit Union and Zagster expand bike sharing program
- Community Choice appoints Dan Munro as Chief Operating Officer
- Community Choice awards $100,000 in college scholarships
- Quick Balance and Apple Pay now available for mobile users
- Community Choice takes on the banks with we found your shirt
- Community Choice Credit Union merges with NuPath Community Credit Union
- Community Choice continues to grow with newest location in Northville
- Community Choice announces transformation of Milford Member Center
- Community Choice celebrates transformation of Livonia Member Center
- Credit Union seeks students for $100,000 college scholarship program
2014 media releases:
- Community Choice Credit Union Spreads Random Acts of Kindness
- Community Choice Credit Union Offers Financial Tips to Students Heading to College
- Community Choice Credit Union Rolls Out Security Resources to Help Clients Avoid Financial Scams and Identity Theft
- Community Choice Credit Union Breaks Ground On Northville Branch
- Community Choice Foundation Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to High School Students in Michigan
- Three Ways You Can Improve Mom’s Financial Wellness this Mother’s Day
- Important Tips When Creating a Plan to Pay for College
- Budget for a Baby Before the Expenses Add Up
- Five Reasons You Are Missing Out If You Don’t Use a Credit Union
- Community Choice Credit Union Pays $886,902 in "Big Rewards" to Members
- This Valentine's Day, Talk Money with Your Honey
- Community Choice Credit Union Launches e-Deposit
- Community Choice Credit Union Foundation Seeking Applicants for $100,000 College Scholarship Program
2013 media releases:
- ROME Credit Union merges with Community Choice Credit Union
- Community Choice Credit Union Puts Community First with Weekend of Paying It Forward
- Credit Union Launches Member Rewards Program Providing More than $1 Million in Annual Rewards
- Community Choice Credit Union Foundation Commits More Than $500,000 to End Michigan Brain Drain
What are the main differences between credit unions and banks?
Credit unions are non-profit cooperatives owned by their members. Banks have an obligation to be profitable because they report to shareholders, while credit unions act in the best interests of their members since they are owned by their members. Credit unions hold an annual meeting which is open to members to provide their feedback and to nominate eligible members for open Board of Director positions.
Founded on the concept of providing affordable credit to working class families, credit unions strive to provide a fair and secure environment for people to manage their finances. According to CULinkMichigan.com, Credit Unions have lower rates on loans and higher rates on share (savings) accounts.
Does Community Choice offer products and services to businesses?
Yes, the Credit Union offers a wide-variety of products and services to both individuals and business owners.
Where is Community Choice headquartered?
Community Choice Credit Union is headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Who is the President and CEO of the Credit Union?
Robert Bava is the President and CEO of Community Choice Credit Union. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Business administration and a Master’s of Science in Finance from Walsh College where he graduated with honors. Rob is also a graduate of the CUNA Management School where he was President of his class.
With more than 25 years of experience in retail banking, he serves on the following boards:
- Commercial Alliance- Chairman
- Member Driven Technologies- Chairman
- Credit Union Solutions Group- Secretary
- Member First Mortgage- Director